Organised by DANS, the Dutch national centre of expertise and repository for research data, the DANS Data Trail webinar: “How the EOSC Association stimulates community based Open Science” will take place online on Thursday 22 September 2022 (15:30 – 17:00 CEST).
Founded in 2020, the EOSC Association, aims at advancing open science in Europe. In order to coordinate and steer the developments, community based Advisory Groups and corresponding Task Forces were created in 2021.
This webinar will offer an introduction to the EOSC Association and present an overview of the Task Forces that DANS is involved in, reporting on their current impact and future outputs. The webinar specifically targets policy makers and data professionals who are interested in the international landscape around Open Science and the EOSC.
- Sarah Jones – EOSC Engagement Manager (GÉANT) and EOSC Association Director 2021-22
- Ingrid Dillo (DANS-KNAW) – Task Force: Long-term data preservation
- Marjan Grootveld (DANS-KNAW) – Task Force: FAIR metrics and data quality
- Wim Hugo (DANS-KNAW) – Task Force: Technical interoperability of data and services
- 15.30 – 15.35 Welcome
- 15.35 – 15:45 Introduction to the EOSC Association and TFs – Sarah Jones
- 15.45 – 16.35 Presentations from Ingrid Dillo, Marjan Grootveld, and Wim Hugo on their respective task forces.
- 16.35 – 16.55 Panel discussion with all four speakers
- 16.55 – 17.00 Wrap-up
This webinar will be online and held in English. There is no charge but registration is obligatory. Shortly after registration, you will receive the link to join the webinar. Finally, the webinar will be recorded and shared afterwards.
DANS is the Dutch national centre of expertise and repository for research data. They help researchers make their data available for reuse. This allows researchers to use the data for new research and makes published research verifiable and reproducible. With more than 180,000 datasets and a staff of 60, DANS is one of the leading repositories in Europe.