What are the main security challenges that we will face in the coming five years and what do we need to do to overcome them?
The authors of the GN4-3 Security White Paper, Steve Kennet (Jisc), Alf Moens (SURFnet) and Sigita Jurkynaitė (GÉANT), would like to invite you for a discussion to collect and evaluate new ideas about the future plans for NREN security.
What are white papers? The GÉANT White Papers are the vehicle used by experts to propose to the GÉANT community, activities that could be pursued over the next 4-5 years. Some of the ideas will be included in forthcoming EC and other funding proposals.
What is the purpose of the Security White Paper? This white paper will focus on six main areas.
• Security baselining for products, services and organisations.
• (Managed) Security products and services.
• Legal compliance (including privacy compliance).
• Management of risks.
•Training and awareness.
• Incident response, business continuity and crisis management.
How do you think this will/should develop in 2018-2022?
Three virtual community consultation sessions have been scheduled for the month of October: everyone is invited. If you would like to share your ideas or are simply curious to hear more about the topic, please register for one of the following sessions:
• 16 October 14:00 – 15:00 https://eventr.geant.org/events/2765
• 25 October 10:00 – 11:00 https://eventr.geant.org/events/2766
• 31 October 10:00 – 11:00 https://eventr.geant.org/events/2767