The UbuntuNet Alliance is looking for a Chief Executive Officer! Are you the suitably qualified and experienced person that the Alliance is looking for? Have a look at the requirements, duties and terms below:
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Minimum of 5 years high level experience as a manager with discretionary operations and expenditure powers in areas that have very strong relevance to both the technology and business side of research and education networking;
- A balanced combination of technical knowledge related to ICT in the research and education environment as well as research and education networking on the one hand, and business and management skills on the other hand;
- Experience at regional and international level, including working in multi-cultural, multi-national environments;
- A self-motivated and output-oriented person with good leadership, integrity and inter-personal skills;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills; very good command of the English language, with French and Portuguese as desirable additional languages.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the CEO include the following:
- Developing and implementing UbuntuNet Alliance’s strategy;
- Supporting UbuntuNet Alliance governance processes;
- Managing operations;
- Planning and implementing staff and general capacity development;
- Developing and managing relations with member NRENs;
- Developing and sustaining relations with the Research & Education Networks community worldwide;
- Developing and sustaining relations with development partners;
- Developing and sustaining relations with suppliers;
- Ensuring the self-sustainability of UbuntuNet Alliance.
Terms of employment
This is a full-time contract position for an initial term of 4 years, renewable based on performance and by mutual agreement, tenable at the Head Office. The Alliance provides an attractive negotiable salary and benefits to the CEO in accordance with its emoluments structure.
More about the UbuntuNet Alliance
The Alliance, whose Head Office is based in Lilongwe, Malawi, is a membership-based non-profit research and education networking organisation for Eastern and Southern Africa. It plans, builds and operates the high-speed backbone network interconnecting National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) in the region and connecting them to other regional networks globally. The Alliance also promotes the utilization of advanced ICT in research, teaching and learning.