WiFiMon, is the new GÉANT service offering WiFi network monitoring and performance verification. It is capable of detecting performance issues, visualising the workload of the network, and providing technical information about the WiFi network (e.g. signal strength, link quality, bit rate, etc.). WiFiMon leverages well-known performance verification tools like Akamai Boomerang and Speedtest/Libretest and in addition uses data from the WiFi physical layer in order to gather a comprehensive set of WiFi network performance metrics. It combines crowdsourced measurements and measurement data obtained from small form hardware probes.
The GN4-3 project is organising an Infoshare on November 5th, 13:00 CET, focusing on three aspects of WiFiMon:
- The features and benefits WiFiMon offers and its typical usage scenarios,
- A demonstration of WiFiMon in use and the measurement results it provides,
- Technical requirements as well as installation and configuration methodology.
All those interested in WiFiMon or the topic of WiFi network monitoring, technical and non-technical, are welcome to join. Service experts will be present to answer any questions you may have.
- The Infoshare will be recorded and made available through the GÉANT GLAD Website: https://learning.geant.org/infoshares/
- The link and the password to join the ZOOM room will be shared with the registered attendees before the event