At this week’s (March 23-24) General Assembly (GA) meeting, four members were elected or re-elected to the GÉANT Project Planning Committee (GPPC) – the body of NREN representatives which oversees and guides the planning and submission of proposals that the GÉANT Association engages in.
- Ann Harding, SWITCH: with a long history in GÉANT Projects leading a wide range of work on Trust & Identity services and infrastructure, and now running SWITCH community cloud infrastructure, Ann is a well-known and highly respected member of the community and has endlessly demonstrated her commitment and dedication.
- Sabine Jaume, Renater: vastly experienced in a number of areas, Sabine has been a member of many past and present committees that have benefited not only the GÉANT community but the global research and education community.
- Ramaz Kvatadze, GRENA: with over 20 years’ experience of managing GRENA and a long-term member of the GA, Ramaz’s ideas and initiatives have significantly contributed to the preparation and successful realisation of several regional EU-funded projects.
- Leonie Schäfer, DFN: bringing extensive experience particularly in outreach, policy and cybersecurity, Leonie has been re-elected following two successful years on the committee.
Raimundas Tuminauskas, Chair of the GPPC commented, “The GPPC would like to welcome our new members and take the opportunity to thank our existing members for their hard work as we continue to work towards the Financial Framework Partnership Agreement for what we refer to as GN5 – the successor to the current GN4 project and next in a long line of successive GÉANT Projects spanning 20 years.”
Andreas Dudler, Chair of the GÉANT Board added, “I would like to congratulate the four members elected and re-elected and wish all the members of the GPPC success in their role.”
The GPPC members are:
- Raimundas Tuminauskas, Chair (PSNC)
- Matthew Scott, Co-Chair (GÉANT)
- Mauro Campanella (GARR)
- Matthew Dovey (Jisc)
- Lars Fischer (NORDUnet)
- Ann Harding, SWITCH
- Sabine Jaume, Renater
- Ramaz Kvatadze, GRENA
- Cezary Mazurek (PSNC)
- Janos Mohacsi (KIFU)
- Leonie Schäfer (DFN)