The primary mission of optical networks is transporting 100GbE traffic, and soon, 400GbE traffic. Some popular solutions have a less-publicized aspect that can lead to abandoned spectrum. The webinar shows how to avoid that. It explains how to build a future-proof optical network on an organized spectral plan that accomplishes two goals simultaneously: optimizing for performance for dense traffic and long distances and optimizing for power and cost everywhere else.
Key Topics for Discussion:
- Importance of being 400GbE ready.
- How new 400G ZR+ changes the economic equation.
- Optimizing transport for performance versus optimizing for power and cost.
- Tradeoffs between line rates and channel widths (what they don’t tell you).
- How to have your cake (best transport solution today) and eat it too (on a future-proof network).
- Answers to audience questions during live Q&A.
Who Should Attend
Communications and Internet Service Providers including fixed, mobile, and cable operators who are expanding their optical networks to handle ever-increasing traffic loads.