This infoshare will present the results of the tests carried by the Work Package for Network Technologies and Services Development in the GÉANT (GN4-3) project, to validate whether white box solutions available on the market can be useful in an NREN context.
The strategy, defined in detail in [D6.3], is based on potential NREN use cases for which the white box solution is validated and then put into production if the outcome is acceptable to the NREN.
For more information about this work we suggest reading the article “White box for research and education” by Xavier Jeannin (RENATER), Ivana Golub (PSNC), Tim Chown (Jisc), published here and on CONNECT38.
Studies, assessments and production reports
- White Box CPE
- White Paper: White Box Total Cost of Ownership and TCO Calculator
- White Box Performance Testing and Evaluation
- White Paper: GIX Implementation Based on White Box
- White Paper: White Box – GRNET Data Centre Use Case
- White Paper: Funet CPE – White Box Edge Router
- The Infoshare will be recorded and made available through the GÉANT GLAD Website: https://learning.geant.org/infoshares/
- The link and the password to join the ZOOM room will be shared with the registered attendees before the event