Digital Single Market strategy is one of the European Commission’s (EC) 10 political priorities, intending to remove virtual borders, boost digital connectivity, and make it easier for consumers to access cross-border online content. The Open Clouds for Research Environments (OCRE) project, funded by the EC and coordinated by GÉANT, is a practical example of how this can come about, and over 48 months has successfully made it easier for consumers, in this case researchers and research institutions, to access a wide range of powerful digital tools.
Join the OCRE project from 6-7 December at the Altis Grand Hotel in Lisbon, Portugal to learn more about the Cloud and Earth Observation Digital Single Market for Research. Hear from project members, adopters, service providers through the exhibition, aggregators and researchers on the ground about the positive impact the access to this technology is having on European research. The event will also look forward to the future of this Digital Single Market and what the next steps will look like, including the next cloud framework for research, service integration in the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC), and future cloud adoption funding opportunities after the OCRE project.
Some highlights to look forward to include:
- Everything you need to know about the incredibly successful OCRE Cloud Framework
- Earth Observation service promotion and visibility through OCRE
- OCRE Success Stories from researchers who used the services for their projects
- OCRE procurement and business models
- Networking with NRENs, Cloud and EO Service Suppliers and IT Teams from Research and Education Institutions
Who should be there and why?
- Cloud Providers – Learn about best practices to get the most out of the OCRE Framework. Present relevant OCRE Cloud Funding for Research use cases together with the researchers involved. Network with potential clients (IT Teams from Research & Education Institutions).
- Earth Observation (EO) Service Providers – Present relevant OCRE EO Funding for Research use cases together with the researchers involved. Network with potential clients (IT Teams from Research & Education Institutions).
- NRENs – Best practices to get the most out of the OCRE Framework for your country.
- Research and Education Institute IT Teams – Find out more about relevant commercial cloud and EO services to enhance research in your institution
- Relevant members of the EOSC ecosystem – Find out how commercial cloud and EO can be integrated with and benefit the European Open Science Cloud.
- Researchers – Learn about the benefits of commercial cloud and EO services for research as well as the wide scope of applications
- The advantages that commercial cloud services have for better research outcomes
- How OCRE’s results will continue on after the project (through the OCRE Cloud Framework & EOSC)
- The wide scope and relevance of EO services for research