23 January 2023, 13:00-14:30 CET
In this GÉANT Infoshare, learn about how forward-looking NRENs have partnered with EUDAT to provide research data management services and enable their universities and institutions to better manage their data.
Last year’s EUDAT Conference highlighted some of the research data challenges that researchers face such as capturing, organising, handling, and accessing large or complex data, and being increasingly required to have the capability to make data Open and FAIR. At the same time, NRENs provide the main eInfrastructure for research and university services to work such as providing network connection and trust and Identity services but many are also increasingly starting to offer data services.
With Open Science and FAIR research data management gaining more momentum across Europe, see how NRENs can further add value to their offering towards their members that are looking to better manage their research data.
- Welcome & Introduction (5 mins) – Sarah Jones, GÉANT
- Role of NRENs in Data Management (10 mins) – Sarah Jones, GÉANT
- A quick introduction to EUDAT services (5 mins) – Debora Testi, EUDAT Secretariat
- How NRENs Benefit from EUDAT Services
- What EUDAT can offer NRENs and How to get Involved (5-10 mins) – Debora Testi, EUDAT Secretariat
Slides are available here: https://events.geant.org/event/1341/
- The Infoshare will be recorded and made available through the GÉANT Community Website: https://community.geant.org/infoshares