The EU-funded EOSC Future project is pleased to announce, in partnership with the Research Data Alliance (RDA), a new call for proposals. The call is looking for proposals from research groups, including RDA groups, to demonstrate how RDA-developed data-sharing concepts and solutions can be reused, optimised, and implemented in the EOSC context, particularly in the context of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) Portal Catalogue and Marketplace.
This call is specifically targeting small projects and aims to support and encourage the adoption of existing RDA outputs and recommendations within the wider EOSC community.
Project proposals should:
- demonstrate the use of RDA concepts and solutions in the EOSC context
- have outputs that show an understanding of the needs for data and service integration in EOSC
- support the adoption of RDA outputs and recommendations that can benefit the community around EOSC
- promote new examples and lessons learnt
- articulate a vision of the future of EOSC; namely, how future communities can easily operationalise the frameworks.
What does the grant include?
Up to 2 grants, each of a maximum of €12 500, will be awarded under this call.
A wide range of activities, including promotional, analysis, and technical documentation activities, can be funded through this call. These projects should be short and focused, lasting for no longer than 3 months.
Who can apply
This call invites applications from individuals or organisations working at the forefront of data or research infrastructure activities in a specific research domain or cluster of domains, with a preference for active RDA community members, to demonstrate how to improve and optimise existing technical data frameworks using RDA recommendations and outputs.
Applications are open until 20 February 2023, 16.00 CET.
Further criteria and conditions are detailed here https://eoscfuture-grants.eu/provider/research-data-alliance/optimising-rda-open-science-frameworks-and-guidelines-context-round-2