14 April 2023, 10:30-13:00 CET
14 April is World Quantum Day, a global initiative organised by quantum scientists and experts all over the world to engage the general public in the understanding and discussion of Quantum Science and Technology.
To celebrate this year’s World Quantum Day, GÉANT is organising an online Infoshare on 14 April, 11:00 CET, where experts from several European NRENs will present their activities and projects related to quantum technologies. Through short, lightning-talk like presentations, participants will learn about the current status of NRENs’ quantum activities and ongoing projects, meet NREN experts and discover more about quantum technologies.
The infoshare is organised by Network Development Work Package (WP6) of the GÉANT 5-1 project. For more information contact email@example.com.
- Introduction – Susanne Naegele-Jackson, FAU
- EuroQCI and EuroQCS activities – path toward unified quantum communication and computing research infrastructures – Piotr Rydlichowski, PSNC
- Applicability of QKD in the current GÉANT network – Karel van Klink, GÉANT
- CroQCI project overview – Marija Emšo, CARNET
- SURF – Teodor Strömberg, SURF
- Update on EuroQCI in Ireland – Eoin Kenny, HEAnet
- HellasQCI overview and use cases – Ilias Papastamatiou, GRNET
- Quantum entanglement – use cases – Elisabeth Andriantsarazo, CESNET
- SareQuant: Adaptation of the I2Basque NREN to support quantum experimentation and deployment of QKD-based services – Eduardo Jacob, UPV/EHU
- Q/A session – Susanne Naegele-Jackson, FAU