TNC18’s packed schedule of sessions came to an end on Wednesday 13 June, in what was a record year for TNC.
A record year? TNC18 by numbers
As we look back over TNC18 there are too many highlights to list, so let’s pick just a few:
- 780 participants from 73 countries, including:
- 16 attendees from 14 countries supported by the GÉANT Emerging NREN Programme
- 14 students from the GÉANT Future Talent Programme
- 24 sessions and 5 plenaries
- 50 side events including BoFs, demos, workshops and meetings
- Our video streams also attracted nearly 1250 unique viewers from 45 countries
- And on social media we have had great engagement with over 1500 tweets and 1000 photographs!
Our huge thanks go to the teams behind this successful event, from the Programme Committee to the local host Uninett team, to the Events team and technical support from PSNC and NORDUnet, and all our sponsors, exhibitors and participants who made TNC18 such a fantastic event.
You can view the archived video streams here.
Looking to the future
As the (visible for almost 20 hours!) sun barely set on another successful conference, Kristina Lillements from EENet of HITSA invited all participants to look towards next year with an invitation to TNC19 in Tallinn, Estonia, from 16-20 June 2019.
You can see more at the TNC19 website.