On 15 September 2020, OCRE launched it’s first funding call for the adoption of cloud services available through the OCRE IaaS+ framework agreements. Two subsequent calls for projects are planned to open in February and July 2021 respectively.
Under this 1st Cloud funding call, OCRE aims to fund the consumption of infrastructure-cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, marketplace) by projects which can become clear showcases for the benefits of using cloud services to positively impact research outcomes; projects which:
- Are a part of the European research community.
- Clearly demonstrate how the use of commercial infrastructure cloud services can provide agility in terms of research activities; improve research or enable new research outcomes.
- Provide significant relevance within their research discipline
- Support the FAIR data principles and intend to share their research data with peers.
- Are not currently using these tools extensively.
- Aim to continue usage of commercial infrastructure cloud services in their research.
- Can begin to use the cloud services in early 2021
- Are executed at single institutions
Call open: Wednesday 15 September 2020
Call submission deadline: Monday 2 November 2020
Evaluation results communicated to applicants: Monday 14 December 2020
Visit the OCRE website to learn more, consult the application guide and apply: https://www.ocre-project.eu/funding-opportunities/cloud-funding