At a time when sharing expertise is more important than ever, the GÉANT community organised new ways of getting together – even if only virtually. Launched in October 2020, the series of GÉANT community infoshares rapidly became a much anticipated weekly appointment for all the community.
These popular online events are part of the GÉANT Community Programme (GCP) and are coordinated by both the Partner Relations and Learning and Development teams. An important part of the GÉANT GN4-3 project, the aim of the infoshare series is to create a space to engage, improve knowledge sharing, foster discussion and strengthen the human network across the community.
Great! How do I join?
Sessions take place regularly each Wednesday afternoon, and occasionally also on other weekdays, covering a variety of strategic topics such as Services Development, Open Science, Quantum Key Distribution, Network Technology and Future Readiness, as well as general project updates.
Registration is open to everyone. See below for upcoming infoshares:
- 13 Jan 2021 RDM and EUDAT Mark van de Sanden
- 14 Jan 2021 The Research Engagement function in GÉANT Enzo Capone, GÉANT
- 20 Jan 2021 Quantum Technologies – Principles, Challenges and Applications Xavier Jeannin – RENATER
- 26 Jan 2021 eduGAIN F-Ticks pilot Miroslav Milinovic, AAI@EduHr-SRCE; Boro Jakimovski, MARNET; Kiril Kjiroski, MARNET
- 28 Jan 2021 T&I Incubator infoshare & NREN engagement TBC
- 10 Feb 2021 eduMEET Bartlomiej Idzikowski – PSNC
Did you miss a session? Is Wednesday not the best day for you? You can always catch up, as all infoshares are recorded and made available within two days on GÉANT’s eAcademy, on the GLAD website and also via a dedicated playlist on the GEANTtv YouTube Channel.
The following infoshares are already available:
- 7 Oct 2020 CNaaS Maria Isabel Gandia Carriedo – CSUS
- 14 Oct 2020 Open Science Introduction Sarah Jones/Leonie Schäfer
- 21 Oct 2020 eduVPN Tangui Coulouarn, DeiC
- 4 Nov 2020 Open Access and Publishing Iryna Kuchma
- 5 Nov 2020 WifiMon Pavle Vuletię, AMRES
- 11 Nov 2020 How can we work together? AfricaConnect3 – European NRENs Infoshare Vanessa Ntinu – GÉANT
- 18 Nov 2020 How NRENs can benefit from EU funds Edit Herczog – GÉANT
- 25 Nov 2020 NMaas Service, Łukasz Łopatowski, PSNC
- 2 Dec 2020 Fair Principles and RDA Anders Conrad/Françoise Genova
- 9 Dec 2020 DTN Data Transfer Nodes: How Fast can your Data Travel? Maria Isabel Gandia Carriedo – CSUS
- 10 Dec 2020 Why NRENs and Identity Federations should support Student mobility, Licia Florio, Christos Kanellopoulos – GÉANT
- 16 Dec 2020 OAV Architecture and Training. Orchestration, Automation and Virtualisation in the NRENs. Ready, Steady, Go! Maria Isabel Gandia Carriedo – CSUS
*For information how to organise these events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org