On 28th-30th September Krákow will be the host of the first joint event organised by the major European e-Infrastructure initiatives (GÉANT, EGI, EUDAT,OpenAIRE and RDA Europe).
As the digital technology demands of modern research and education increase it becomes ever more important for the European e-infrastructure providers to work together. This Digital Infrastructrures for Research (DI4R) conference will for the first time bring together the major e-infrastructure projects to help shape the digital future of Europe.
GÉANT is working across all the threads of the conference with contributions to sessions covering;
- Digital infrastructures for Research
- Interoperable e-infrastructures
- AAI for researchers
- Federated service management
- Cloud procurement
- Integrated approach towards research engagement
- Joint service catalogue for Research
- Exploitation of COPERNICUS Data in the e-infrastructures
- SME engagement
- Harnessing the power of end to end networks
GÉANT will also be supporting three training sessions during the conference for;
- An introduction to e-infrastructures
- Building user-defined and user-controlled virtual networks for WAN workflows
- Federated AAI meets reality, Security Incident Handling Role Play in DI4R
This conference is a unique opportunity to find out more about how the EU e-infrastructure initiatives can support your research and how they are working together to drive forward Research and Education across Europe.
The programme of the event is available here www.digitalinfrastructures.eu/programme
Registration for DI4R is open at http://www.digitalinfrastructures.eu/register_and_plan