Registrations are open for NPAPW22, the Network Performing Arts Production Workshop to be held on 12-14 September 2022 at the Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre in Tallinn, Estonia. The event, with a long and rich history, is organised this year by GÉANT and supported by EENet of HTM, Internet2, and a Program Committee of dedicated colleagues.
What is NPAPW?
NPAPW22 is part of an annual workshop series hosted in a rotating city of Europe and the U.S.
It is a single-track workshop in which attendees learn about technologies utilising advanced networks to enable arts instruction and performance, experience master classes and live performances leveraging these technologies, and meet the colleagues and representatives from institutions advancing this realm of work.
Who should attend?
Performing artists, music educators, composers, academic administrators, faculty, technology developers, cultural video producers, administration, and staff from performing arts venues – anyone or any institution interested in using interactive technologies over high-speed networks in educational programs or performances.
What technologies will be a part of the demonstrations?
This is constantly evolving, but here is a (mostly) comprehensive list:
- LoLa – an ultra-low-latency Windows platform that allows synchronous performance in above CD-quality audio and HD video.
- Ultragrid – a cross platform software application that uses consumer devices for streaming up to 8K resolution video and multichannel, high-resolution audio.
- Polycom/H.323 – A commercially produced software and hardware communications standard particularly effective for educational programs.
- MVTP – A hardware streaming solution offering up to 4K at 60FPS with TICO compression. https://mvtp.cesnet.cz/MVTP-presentation.pdf
- JackTrip – A multichannel audio streaming solution for Macintosh and Linux.
- Nimbra – Hardware encoding solutions offering extremely low-latency 4K streaming over IP networks.
NPAPW22 Call for Participation
There is still time until Monday June 30 at midnight CEST to send proposals for this year’s Network Performing Arts Production Workshop. NPAPW22 invites the submission of papers, demonstrations, presentations, installations, and multi-site performance proposals exploring the use of advanced networking and interactive technologies for performing arts production and education with partners across the globe.
You can find further information and some ideas to inspire your proposals on the NPAPW website: https://npapws.org/submit
Proposals may be submitted here: https://events.geant.org/event/1127/abstracts/#submit-abstract
Submission fee: none.
Anticipated notification date: July 22, 2022
Read more on the NPAPW website: https://npapws.org