8 December 2023, 14:00-15:00 CET.
A new GÉANT infoshare on 8 December will describe and demonstrate how RARE (Router for Academia, Research and Education) can be integrated with GÉANT DDoS attack protection services such as Firewall-on-Demand (FoD) and NeMo.
- Firewall-On-Demand (FoD) is a DDoS mitigation software developed for NREN NoC admins to mitigate DDoS attacks through the GÉANT core towards their connected networks, using FlowSpec rules controlled on their own and without any need to contact the GÉANT NoC.
- The NeMo DDoS software is a powerful tool for Netflow-based DDoS and traffic anomaly detection, analysis and mitigation. It was originally developed to address NREN-specific network analysis needs and has been enhanced ever since. The software can be obtained and installed locally by GÉANT-associated NRENs to enhance backbone traffic visibility and enable DDoS workflows. | NeMo was also covered in a two-part interview on CONNECT44, the latest issue of the GÉANT CONNECT Magazine. Read Part 1 (interview with Roderick Mooi, Senior Information Security Officer at GÉANT) and Part 2 (Brief history of NeMo – A chat with Eugene A Brin, DFN-CERT).
This infoshare will present the efforts of integrating the RARE platform with these well-established GÉANT services, including a discussion on the challenges of integrating these services and a brief demonstration of the whole DDoS protection process.
- 14:00-14:05 | Introduction – Frédéric Loui, RENATER
- Leibniz Supercomputing Centre Automated Demonstration of DDoS Mitigation with FoD and Freertr using Docker Compose or Containerlab – David Schmitz,
- National Technical University of Athens / GRNET Walkthrough of NeMo Integration with RARE for DDoS Attack Detection and Mitigation – Nikos Kostopoulos,
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org